Govt. Senior Secondary School Katrain
The official website of Govt. Senior Secondary School Katrain
© All copyrights reserved Govt. Sen. Sec. School Katrain. Distt. Kullu (H.P.)
Check out for importent     Announcements, events    and news Click here
Phone: 01902-2240226
Home About Us Contact Us Links Vision and Mission School History School Location School Staff SMC About School Messages Admission Photo Gallery Fecilities Houses Activities Achievents Calender of Activities SDP Alumni
Govt. Senior Secondary School Katrain is situated on the  Kullu-Manali National Highway about 20 km from Kullu.It  was established as a primary school in the year 1904 on a  piece of land donated by a local resident Sh. Gaddu Mal  Upadhyaye.The school was upgraded as a Lower Middle  school in 1919, Middle school in 1921, Anglo Middle school  in 1951 and High school 1955. In 1970 it became centre for  Middle and Matriculations Board’s annual Examinations. It  was further upgraded as a Senior Secondary School under  new education policy in the year 1986 with another piece of  land donated by Luder Sarai Trust of Bajaura. The devastating floods of 1995 washed away the huge  playground on the bank of river Beas causing great  shortage of land for sports activities. In 2000 the alumni of  this school formed Old Students Association .The OSA  purchased and donated a piece of land measuring 2.5 bigha on the historical occasion of centenary celebration of school expanding the campus for construction of Science block and toilets and also for school games. Ever since its inception, the school has been catering to the  educational needs of a vast area. It has honour to produce  innumerable human resource to serve the society in  different fields of social life.A few gems have brought laurels  to this institution   by  occupying high positions in medical,  engineering, military , political and social fields.    
Facts
Establishment year   : 1904 Lower Middle school : 1919            Middle school : 1921 Anglo Middle school  : 1951              High school  : 1955 Centre for Middle and Matriculations Board’s annual Examinations : 1970 Senior Secondary School       :1986
History of the School